Submission: March 23, 2018
Registration: March 23, 2018
Language: English, Spanish
Location: Lanzarote, Spain
Prizes: Please see details below
reTH!NKING team is very happy to announce that for the 2nd time El Cabildo de Lanzarote has relied on us to organize a new competition for the city of Arrecife. Therefore we have just launched the new competition # 015 Lanzarote Dynamic Square .
Please find below the links for downloading the promotional information, in case you can spread it through your social networks. We firmly believe that it is a great opportunity for young people to conduct fair contest and build their own project.
The Cabildo of Lanzarote has been trying since 1989 to reactivate and enhance the cultural attractiveness of Arrecife. The main objective of this project is to convert the El Almacén plaza (Arrecife) into an urban point of culture and social meeting. And with this contest it is intended to take an important step for it since the proposal will be built.
• Sustainability and energy efficiency. The square with an area of more than 1000 m² can be a source of solar use either for the activities that are going to be developed as a possible source of power for the El Almacen building.
• Environmental Protection. The intervention must be respectful with the Environment, proposing a sustainable use.
• Treatment of facades of the surrounding buildings. The dividing wall of the adjacent building will be used as a white screen of Video Mapping that of a changing aspect to the square.
• Shadow: Elements will be available to hang different elements that shade the square. In addition to the need to include vegetation.
• Accessibility: it must be accessible to all people with reduced mobility.
• Tours. Access must be provided for vehicles for loading and unloading at specific times. The rest of the time will be a pedestrian square (and environment).
• Polyvalence: the mixture and the different uses should be encouraged.
The Cabildo of Lanzarote has a Budget for the execution of the same of 350,000 Euros
Antonio Cárdenas – Engineer of el Cabildo de Lanzarote
• Javier López Rivera. Estudio ACTA. Professor at the School of Architecture of Seville.
• Javier Terrados Cepeda. Estudio Javier Terrados. Professor at the School of Architecture of Seville.
• José Carlos Márquez –
• Coordinator of the Culture Area
• Juan Palop Casado – Urban architect. Professor of urbanism at the School of Architecture of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria.
First prize € 6,000 + construction
Second prize € 4,000
Third prize € 2,000
+ 10 HONOURABLE MENTIONS (no economic prize)
Inscription periods will depend on the competition publication and will be divided as follows:
Early 40 € + IVA
Regular 70 € + IVA
Advanced 90 € + IVA