Submission: 14th October 2023
Registration: 4th October 2023
Prizes: Please see the details below
Welcome to the Bohemian Hostel Architecture Design Competition! This competition aims to challenge architects and designers to create an innovative and inspiring architectural design for a new Bohemian-themed hostel.
The hostel should embody the free-spirited, artistic, and unconventional spirit associated with the Bohemian lifestyle. We invite participants to showcase their creativity, while also considering practicality, sustainability, and functionality in their designs.
- Design a Bohemian-themed hostel that reflects the essence of the Bohemian lifestyle, characterized by artistic expression, individuality, and a sense of community.
- Create an inclusive and inviting environment that encourages social interaction, cultural exchange, and collaboration among guests.
- Integrate sustainable design principles and practices to minimize environmental impact and promote eco-consciousness.
- Ensure the hostel design provides a comfortable and functional living space, offering a variety of room types and shared facilities that meet the needs of diverse travellers.
- Incorporate innovative and creative solutions that enhance the overall guest experience and distinguish the hostel from traditional accommodation options.
- Accommodation Spaces:
- Design a range of room types, including dormitory-style rooms, private rooms, and themed suites.
- Each room should be comfortable, functional, and aesthetically pleasing, while allowing for personalization and artistic expression by guests.
- Explore creative ways to maximize space utilization and provide storage solutions within the rooms.
- Common Areas:
- Create communal spaces that foster social interaction, such as a common lounge, kitchen, dining area, and outdoor gathering spaces.
- Incorporate artistic elements, such as wall murals, sculptures, or installations, that celebrate the Bohemian lifestyle.
- Provide facilities for creative activities, such as art studios, music rooms, or performance spaces.
- Sustainable Design:
- Integrate sustainable materials, energy-efficient systems, and renewable energy sources into the design.
- Consider water conservation, waste management, and recycling initiatives.
- Incorporate natural ventilation, daylighting, and passive design strategies to minimize energy consumption.
- Cultural Integration:
- Pay homage to the local culture, heritage, and history through design elements, artwork, or architectural references.
- Ensure the design respects and enhances the surrounding built and natural environment.
- Incorporate local craftsmanship and materials to promote a sense of place.
Select a site that best suits the design theme. Site location can be in any part of the world.
- This competition is open to all.
- You can participate individually or as a team (Maximum 4 members in a team)
Winners (X3): Certificate of achievement + Publication + Interview
Honourable mentions (X3): Certificates + Publication
Shortlisted entries (X10): Certificates
*All the certificates will be attested and e-format.
Registration deadline: 4th October 2024
- AR01: July 1st – July 20th
- AR02: July 21st – July 30th
- AR03: July 31st – August 10th
- SR01: August 11th – August 25th
- SR02: August 26th – September 10th
- SR03: September 11th – September 25th
- September 26th – October 4th
Submission Starts: 26th September 2023
Submission Ends: 14th October 2023
Result Announcement: 9th December 2023
Visit our website: www.archiol.org
Archiol – www.archiol.org
Doubts /Queries related to the competition: email@example.com