Submission: September 09, 2021
Registration: July 15, 2021
Prizes: Please see details below
Monte d’Oiro Wine Hotel competition is the second in a series of competitions set in Portugal and in collaboration with Quinta do Monte D’Oiro, a family wine project located in the Lisbon Wine Region.
Quinta do Monte d’Oiro has been known for its idyllic wine-making conditions since the 17th century, with a privileged terroir resting on clay-limestone soils and with the influence of Atlantic winds. This unique combination has created wines with a great freshness, elegance, and balance for years.
For the Monte d’Oiro Wine Hotel competition, participants are tasked with proposing designs for an extension to the current Quinta do Monte d’Oiro vineyard complex – a hotel that could accommodate visitors of the famous vineyard. The hotel should make full use of the vineyard’s beautiful views and landscape, and incorporate a range of supporting facilities to guarantee visitors have an unforgettable stay.
The participants are asked to focus on defining clear, coherent and harmonised building volumetrics, and propose how new structures would fit within the existing building ensemble, as well as set the general architectural guidelines for the future development of the vineyard. The jury will be looking for designs that have the potential to become an iconic landmark while still remaining sensitive to the natural surroundings.
3 winning proposals, 3 special award recipients and 6 honourable mentions will be selected. Bee Breeders will award a total of 10,000 € in prize money to competition winners as follows:
- 1st Prize – 5,000 €
- 2nd Prize – 2,000 €
- 3rd Prize – 1,000 €
- “Quinta do Monte d’Oiro Favourite” Award – 1,000 €
- ARCHHIVE Student Award – 500 € + 50 € gift card at ARCHHIVE BOOKS – archhivebooks.com
- Bee Breeders Green Award – 500 €
+ 6 honourable mentions
- Early Bird Registration: FEBRUARY 23 – APRIL 1
- Advance Registration: APRIL 2 – APRIL 29
- Last Minute Registration: APRIL 30 – JULY 15
- Closing date for registration: JULY 15, 2021
- Closing date for submission: SEPTEMBER 9, 2021 (11:59 p.m. GMT)
- Announcement of the winners: OCTOBER 21, 2021